The Ohio AAA Blue Jackets have announced the hirings of Kerry Bowman and Emily Curlett to lead the newly formed Tier I AAA girls program that is set to begin with a 14U team in the 2022-23 season.
|Date||Start Time||End Time||Facility||Team|
|Friday, April 8, 2022||6:10pm||7:40pm||Ice Haus||14U (2008 & 2009) Girls|
|Sunday, April 10, 2022||5:00pm||6:30pm||Ice Haus||14U (2008 & 2009) Girls|
UPDATE - Please note that session 1 was moved from Saturday, April 9 to Friday, April 8 to accommodate MidAm schedule conflicts for 2008 & 2009 girls.
- Our tryout process is closed to the public. Only players, referees and evaluators are permitted inside the arena once each ice session has begun.
- All players are asked to bring both a light and dark game jersey with a name plate to all sessions. Prior to your tryout beginning, each age group will receive an email from the program informing them of what jersey color to wear and asking each player to fill in what number they will be wearing.
- Within 24 hours of the last ice session, roster spots will be offered to players via email. Out of respect for others, it is critical that all players being offered roster spots keep this information private until being notified by the program that it is safe to publicize.
- Once all roster spots are accepted/confirmed, emails will be sent to all other players informing them that they did not make the team.
Fees for the 2022-23 season are estimated to be $4,400 for our 14U girls team.
- These fees include all ice time, tournaments, coaching, tournament/league fees, trainers, referees, off-ice training, power skating/specialty skills, administrative fees and equipment such as bag, gloves and track suit.
- Fees DO NOT include helmet, game jerseys, player pants, coaches travel shares and personal travel.
- The team will practice 2.5-3 hours per week in Columbus, OH and will have 5-6 additional skills weekends throughout the season.
- It is estimated that the team will play 48-55 games including 4-5 tournaments.
- The team is eligible for the Tier I district and national tournaments.
Izzy Heminger became the first alumna in program history to play Women's Division I college hockey in 2018-19 when she laced up the skates at Penn State. Heminger currently ranks third on the Nittany Lions all-time scoring list among defenders and was been named to the All-CHA 2nd team in both 2019-20 and 2020-21. She recorded 44 goals and 85 points and was a 2-time captain as a AAA Blue Jacket from 2014-18.
Elie Fallieras grew up playing hockey in Columbus including two seasons with the Ohio AAA Blue Jackets girls team. She moved on to play DIII hockey and is currently a senior at Nazereth College where she majors in biomedical sciences. She has been to the conference All-Academic Team and to the All-American Scholars list. She plans to attend Ohio University for graduate school in the fall.
Check Back Later...
We are not currently accepting registrations for this program.